Monday, March 14, 2011

Les fleurs

I've never been a flowery girly girl, but the more I grow up, the more I really appreciate flowers. There is absolutely nothing bad to say about flowers. They are pretty, they smell nice (some more than others), the can brighten up a room, your day, your event...

Needless to say, I'm up to my eyebrows in floral inspiration pics. I think the flowers are the easiest way for me to picture the style and colors of this wedding coming together, so I have definitely been gravitating towards floral inspiration as of late.


This first one is my ultimate favorite (so far). I am head over heels for black and white anemones. They are without a doubt making an appearance in the wedding somewhere (more likely everywhere). But I love how the graphic high contrast of the anemones looks with the soft pinks and grey dusty miller in this arrangement. I like to think I can recreate this look, but a test run sometime this summer will prove whether or not I am correct in that thought process.


Maybe I will forfeit and just stick with anemones and some greenery. If that's all it takes to make this bouquet happen, I will be a happy little camper.


Or maybe I will go the other direction and amp up the pink flowers and use anemones as an accent. I love these pink dahlias... the first word that comes to mind when I see dahlias is architectural, which I am definitely alright with, because they really are just cool looking flowers when it comes down to it.


The other big fluffy flower option would be peonies. They definitely win the blue ribbon for "big ruffly wedding flower" and they would fill up a bouquet quickly, so I wouldn't need to get as many. But that big blossom comes with an equally big pricetag, so maybe not. (I like the peach garden roses in these arrangements though.)


Roses? Never been a huge fan, they are easily overdone. However I cannot get enough of the color of these particular roses. I can't figure out if they are pink or purple or what, but I totally dig it. If anyone knows what kind of roses these are, please please please let me know.

Well, that's all for now!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment