Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Treat

I don't really do anything to celebrate Easter... it's one of those holidays that is more fun when spent with children. Plus I work.

There is one tradition I have, though, and I definitely need to share it with anyone who will listen. Toasted Peeps. Those silly little marshmallow candies shaped like bunnies and chicks? Definitely not my favorite Easter candy, (Peeps only rock when you are looking through the finalists of the Peeps Diorama contests... which is always fan-friggin-tastic entertainment, in my book) until my mom sent me this link last year.

Basically, toast them like you would a regular marshmallow over the fire (I use our gas stove, and it works fine), just be careful because they catch on fire a LOT quicker than regular marshmallows. The sugar coating of the Peeps caramelizes, into perfection that is. I'm telling you now, they are really sweet. I can only eat 1 or 2 at a time. Ok that's a lie, but still. At least try one, and let me know what you think.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, if it were still cold enough for a fire in the fire place, we'd have to try that!! Maybe next year, if we have a grill... Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete