Thursday, January 14, 2010

So here we are!

Who would have guessed that I would be getting married anytime soon? Furthermore, who would have guessed that I would have actually made it through college? Nonetheless, here I am, out of school and trying to figure out how to successfully enter the adult world, and also engaged to a man that I absolutely head-over-heels love and adore. So while this will definitely be a wedding planning blog, it will also be a life planning blog. Bear with me.


We are planning on moving to San Francisco this May/June, a long way from Florida but around where I grew up, something we are both very excited about. Not too many plans have been made as of yet, other than we will be driving a small moving truck the 3000+ miles and that we will be in desperate need of furniture once we get there. I heart freecycle.

The wedding date is tentatively set for April 30, 2011, although it is not set in stone (thus, tentatively). The determining factor will be our financial situation once we move and get settled. It might have to be put off a year, but probably not. As for wedding planning, I have been scouring wedding blogs and websites obsessively. What we know as of now: the ceremony and reception will be held at Seven Hills Golf Course, in Hemet, CA. My father is the manager and having the wedding there will have some familial/sentimental value. The only downside is the town. To everyone who will attend the wedding: I apologize ahead of time for the dated little town in the middle of the semi-desert that we will be dragging you to, I promise we will make it worth your while and you will have a great time regardless!

That is all for now, but I will update as I figure out more!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for blogs! I have to ask, though, how did you manage to get this background??? I have been FIGHTING with my blogger for weeks, trying to get a cool background set up on mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it out. I saw the link on your blog, and checked it out. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shabbyblogs.com! They have a ton of cute backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete