Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time Well Inspired

Since I haven't had work in a few days and my sleep schedule is (as usual) all over the place, I have been drowning myself in the wonderful world of blogs. Some of my favorites are The City Sage (lots of beautiful visuals regarding design!) and Ruffled (which is a great vintage wedding blog!).

Having looked through at least two dozen blogs (and at least 10 pages of each) in the past 48 hours, I feel inspired...

I want to craft!
I want to decorate!
I want to design!

I have always considered myself a fairly creative and artistic person, but since none of my hobbies have ever been of this nature, I have nothing to really show for it and so I don't exactly advertise it.

This will change though, since my fiance and I are moving to San Francisco! We will have a relatively large apartment to figure out... we have no furniture, other than a few bedroom things, and the place needs a lot of fixing up (a plus, then, that our landlords are my parents). This means that we get to decorate the place from scratch, and between big box stores, flea markets, vintage shops, and DIY projects... I have more than enough to look forward to!

And once we start getting through all that... we will have a wedding to plan and the creative process gets to start all over again!

I will definitely let you know once this all starts to happen. I am incredibly excited!

Oh, and if you have any DIY decorating ideas or tips, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. You updated your blog layout...love it! And I am so in love with Shabby Blogs, I'm glad you found it.

    Also, I love all things crafty, so I'm excited to see what wonders you produce. I'd like to think that I could be helpful to you in that arena, but I'll wait until you have a project on the table to put my 2 cents worth in, so I know which 2 cents to give you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Sounds great, I will definitely keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I love your new layout! Shabby blogs is my fav.

    ReplyDelete