Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let's try this again, shall we?

So it has been close to a year since I have written on this blog, and surprisingly, not a lot has happened that has been blog-worthy until more recently.

We were finally able to move into our finished apartment (after 6 months of living in a construction zone), but once we bought furniture, I lost steam in the decorating department. In the next week or two, I am going to be buying the last few pieces of furniture and hanging stuff, etc. Then I can finally feel a sense of accomplishment (and post pictures!) and take a deep sigh of relief.

Mostly I have been working. A lot. It's exhausting, both physically and mentally. But after 11 months of being patient, it's finally paying off... my shifts are better and there are plenty of them.

Also, in the wedding department: We have a venue and set a date! June 23rd, 2012! Save the date! It's a long way off still, and I think my wedding blogging will be severely out of hand by that point, but we are both really excited! It will be up at the Russian River, about an hour and half north of San Francisco... we haven't been there yet, but it looks gorgeous and the venue is being given to us as a wedding gift, so who are we to say no to a beautiful venue?! Both the ceremony and the reception will be held in the garden of the River Queen, a house right along the river. It is exactly what we wanted and it couldn't have worked out better. We better see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back to the blogosphere. :) I can't wait to see pictures of the apartment. You don't have to wait until it's done you know, work-in-progress pictures are fun too. Then you can measure your progress.

    I guess it looks like we'll be making a trip to California next summer, huh? What a fun reason for a trip. We'll have to resume our jewelry designing just after the first of the year, if you still want me to make the wedding jewelry. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: You should update your "about me" blurb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, thank you ladies, good to be back!

    Adrienne, yes I would still love for you to make my jewelry! We will definitely have to chat about that when the time comes. Oh, and "About Me" has just been updated!

    ReplyDelete